Security and privacy of data is the most important concern for banks offering services on the Internet, as information transmitted without proper security is susceptible to fraud and misuse. Bank Sohar is committed to provide the safest Internet Banking service without compromising on the data privacy and security of your transactions. The security infrastructure for Al Mumayaz Internet Banking comprises of 128 bit encryption, filtering routers, firewalls, besides virus monitoring tools, etc…
Internet Banking uses 128-bit digital certificate from Verisign for encryption of the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) session. SSL is the industry standard for encrypted communication and ensures that customer's interaction with the Bank over the Internet is secure.
Few of the additional Security measures taken are listed down:
- Virtual Keypad to avoid any keylogger attacks,
- Two levels of passwords; login and transaction password for confirming financial/non-financial transaction.
- First-time passwords and Login ID are automatically generated by the system and printed on to password mailers so that no one in the Bank is ever aware of the passwords
- The system enforces change of password and Login ID on first time login and Forced periodic change of passwords is implemented
- The Internet Banking facility is locked in case of 5 consecutive wrong passwords.
Check the authenticity of the site if you have doubts by double clicking either on the on the PADLOCK icon () displayed below on the bottom bar of the browser or click on the Verisign Symbol displayed on the login Page