As part of its coprorate social responsibility, Sohar International is always keen to contribute positively to local communities. During the Holy Month of Ramadan, the Bank launches a campaign to donate to a number of charitable associations through the use of social media channels (e.g Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) to create awareness about associations’ efforts in serving the community.
The bank will publish posts in its Social Media Channels, and invite followers to “like” those posts with the aim of reaching 100,000 likes during the period of the Campaign. The bank pledges that for every “like” it will donate money towards charity.
- 1st – 10th Ramadan = Iftar Sayem
- 11th – 20th Ramadan = Handicapped Children
- 21st - End of the Month = Eid clothing Initiative
How can followers contribute to the Donation?
The followers can contribute simply by liking the #WinningTogether posts on the Bank’s Social Media pages and share the initiative with others; to reach 30,000 “likes” for each initiative. In return, the Bank will donate RO 3000 for each initiative.
What is the duration for the Campaign?
The campaign will start from the beginning of the Holy Month of Ramadan until the last day of the month, with one initiative every ten days.
How much is the donation amount?
The Bank will donate RO 3000 to each of the three associations, with a total amount of RO 9000 distributed equally among the three associations.
Terms and Conditions::
- The duration of the campaign will be throughout the Holy Month of Ramadan 1440 AH.
- The Bank will donate the amounts allocated in the campaign to official associations registered with the Ministry of Social Development.
- To participate in the campaign, followers can “like” Campaign posts and share them with others to help spread the Campaign.
- The donation will be for 3 initiatives from 3 associations during the month, with a total amount of RO 9000 overall, and RO 3000 for each association.
- The campaign seeks to reach 100k “likes” during the period of the Campaign, but the bank is committed to donate the amounts allocated to each association regardless of the number of “likes” achieved in the Campaign.
- Donations of the campaign will be announced in local newspapers and Social Media channels.